Charting Education: Streaming - YouTube
YouTube streams count toward Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart, and beginning on January 3, 2020, they will also count on Billboards Hot 200 album chart.
MAXIMIZE THE EFFECT OF YOUR VIEWS
- ONLY watch the official song music video (MV) from the HYBE Labels channel.
- Like the video and leave positive comments about the song, meaningful lyrics, or interesting theories.
- Be sure to watch the entire MV.
- DO NOT mute the video, speed up the MV, watch unofficial re-posted videos, unofficial lyric videos, or use extensions to manipulate views. Stream videos like a human.
- SHARE the video on social media accounts to help the video rise in the “Trending” lists on YouTube.
- Find your browser settings and clear your web history (optional).
- You can also utilize playlists with alternating BTS videos to stream on YouTube.
- If you have multiple Gmail accounts, change them up as you stream.
- Manually search for the Hybe Labels MV each time.
Reminder: Streaming data is tracked from Friday to Thursday. Playing downloaded tracks is the equivalent of playing CDs you have already purchased and, as such, it does not count as streaming. Therefore, make sure you continuously stream a song or album while connecting to the Internet. All streaming platforms have their own rules for counting streams. Be sure you know the differences.